- 22nd December
- 18th December
It’s that festive time of the year again where gift wrapping is very important, It sets the moment of joy before being ripped off to reveal the surprise inside. Now my ribbons are kept crumpled in a ribbon box under my desk, and it is a big no no to use crumpled ribbon when wrapping presents.
Some people Iron their ribbons, though you wants to keep an iron on thier desk? Or have to go to the laundry to get it? That’s why I now use a Mini Hair Straightener!
What you need: Crumpled ribbon,
Iron, Ironing Board, Mini Hair Straightener!
Simply gather your crumpled ribbon together. Turn on your straightener, and gently run over your ribbon!
As you can see, half of the ribbon is now straighened! And the other, remains crumpled. It’s so quick and easy you might as well do the rest of your ribbons! Perfectly smooth gift wrapping ribbons… without having to leave the room!
- 18th December
- 14th December
Got a spare 45minutes?! That all it took me to whip up one of these pencil cases! I find it very distracting when all you can hear is the rattle of pencils when kids are trying to find the perfect colour… so with some inspiration from Martha Stewart I made my own ‘sound-proof’ pencil cases.
What You Need
- Shoe Lace / Ribbon
- Sewing Machine
- Clips (optional)
4. I’m not that great of sewing in a straight line, so I’ve then ruled from top to bottom of those 1 inch lines to give me something to follow along.
5. My placemat was to thick to pin shut, so I’ve used clips to keep the edges together.
6. Sew along each line, remembering to double stitch the ends to prevent unravelling.
7. Keep sewing along all the lines, leaving the last edge unsewn.
8. Get your shoelace or ribbon (I’ve used shoelace as its more ‘boyish’ than ribbon)
9. Insert your shoelace between the folded placemat, along the edge, being careful not to make it too thick, or bunched up.
10. Sew along the edge of the placemat, securing the shoelace in place.
11. Slide your pens/pencils into the ‘pouches’.
12. Roll up placemat towards shoelace end, and tie closed to complete your Roll Up Pencil Case!
- 23rd October
- 10th September
- 1st September
- 11th August
- 25th July
- 14th July